Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today is World AIDS day


Today is December 1 , we observed as World AIDS Day, is dedicated to raising awareness of the AIDS pandemic caused by the spread of HIV infection. The Red Ribbon is the global symbol for solidarity with HIV-positive people and those living with AIDS.Do you know the red ribbon is a symbol for both drug prevention and for the fight against AIDS. The Red Ribbon Foundation is an organization founded in 1993 whose main purpose is the education about prevention of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Related Complex, ARC and AIDS.The Red Ribbon was first used as an awareness symbol after DEA Agent Enrique S. Camarena was kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered while working undercover in Guadalajara, Mexico.

1 comment:

Snehithan said...

Realizations of an AIDS patient....

AIDS is not the plural of help
AIDS is not a dream
which goes away when one wakes up.
AIDS is the beautiful name of an ugly disease.
Yet I thought it was a dream
AIDS means opening afar
the bodies' gates against infections;
And all manner of disease
come in to stay and to destroy.
And I know it.
The pain is greater and deeper.
Because I know that AIDS helps me only to die.
The pain is deeper still when friends avoid me.
Not looking at me straight in the eye.
and I know why.
I have only one cry for friends and relatives
Look not at me with eyes full of fear,
It's worse to look at me with eyes of sympathy
But treat me with a handshake and a smile.
And I need it.